July 12-13: from Olympia's journal:

Olympia “Boogie” (9) reporting here:

July 12 2008 Resolute
Today we woke up at 7:30 to go have breafast. Breakfast in the South Camp Inn in Resolute is from 7:00 to 8:00. That night I slepped with Alexa so we came down together. After breakfast, we went to this place that was really, really big, and it had two rooms: one room was for food, and the other was for speeches. So when we went there, we had to be silent to hear the speeches, but we also heard Inuits throat sing. It was so cool, it sounds like instruments! We also saw Inuit dance. Tey danced so good, it seemed like they were practicing for a long time (which they probably did). Well when the science was spoken, I fell asleep. “And then water here is 1,000 feet deep blah, blah, blah!!! It was really boring! After that, we ( Alexa, Mommy, Mark Ainhoa, Flaam, Matty and me) had lunch. When me, Mark and Alexa went outside for lunch, a little boy came up to us and said: “Ask me about my weener!” And me Mark and Alexa laughed so hard!
After that, people over 15 can go on a boat called the Icebreaker. It was so unfair!! But then they managed to get Kuria, Ainhoa, Flaam, and all the grown ups, but Matty. Alexa, Mark, Matty and me went back to the hotel. When we got to the hotel, Alexa, Matty and me went to this store to get journals for Ainhoa and Flaam. Mark went with Beth on the ATV’s. We did not find journals. And then Matty told us that in an hour we were all going to go on a hike up a mountain that was really high. So when Alexa and me came to my room, we decided to take a nap because we did not want to go on the hike. Get it? Well if we sleep we would not go on the hike. So I had like a little apartment in the hotel, with stairs and we were waiting for my mom and we were practicing what we will do when she came. When we were practicing the 5th time, she came up the stairs and we were jumping on the bed when she came. But we did not go on the hike after that; two really nice girls came named Blinda and Sapora. We were laughing so hard. After that we had dinner and ice cream. Night night. Sleep tight. Mind the bugs don’t bite. And if they do, catch them tight, and they won’t bite another night!

July 13 Resolute
Today I woke up at 10:30 with Ashley because she slept with me. We went to have breakfast and then took a nice bath. After that we met with Ashley, Amber and Alexa and went to an archeological site. At the archeological site we saw old whale bones and old Inuit homes. It was really cool!!! After that we went back to the hotel to have lunch. Then at 6:00 we had a plane to see the Beluga whales. People came to pick us up in ATV’s.
They had trailers in the back. The Beluga whales are so cool. At 8:00 PM we flew back. Now I am writing to you! Bye!!